Everything IS bigger in Texas!
Wow time goes by fast when you are having fun in Texas. This past weekend we drove to San Antonio and spent a long night at this HUGE dancehall called "Cowboys". It's the size of a Home Depot! There was a live band (country, of course and intermittent hip-hop), pool tables, a mechanical bull and next door they had a live rodeo competition. The best part was, we got in for $1. There were people of all ages there so it was really interesting. No photos to post here yet but try http://harvardstudents.com/gallery/index.php?cat=4
Texans are so nice here--not uptight like most Northerners. Haha I never thought I would like Texas. But I LOVE Texas! Most of our weekday time so far has been spent in classrooms, so it's kind of a drag monday-friday. This feels like summer camp!! As far as the city we are staying in, Laredo, there's not much to do here except drink and watch movies. But we are determined to go on another trip this weekend to Austin or the beach in Mexico. It's like we are on the Real World or other reality show. We just need cameras rolling 24/7. The group has already ostracized one person. There's 1 girl from Hopkins and 10 of us from Harvard, and we think she's kinda stuffy. Plus, she broke our toilet when she tried to flush it. It's so much fun making jokes about her. A few people have digital video cameras so there's already some footage of me making a fool outta myself. It's great! I don't wanna go home!!!
Texans are so nice here--not uptight like most Northerners. Haha I never thought I would like Texas. But I LOVE Texas! Most of our weekday time so far has been spent in classrooms, so it's kind of a drag monday-friday. This feels like summer camp!! As far as the city we are staying in, Laredo, there's not much to do here except drink and watch movies. But we are determined to go on another trip this weekend to Austin or the beach in Mexico. It's like we are on the Real World or other reality show. We just need cameras rolling 24/7. The group has already ostracized one person. There's 1 girl from Hopkins and 10 of us from Harvard, and we think she's kinda stuffy. Plus, she broke our toilet when she tried to flush it. It's so much fun making jokes about her. A few people have digital video cameras so there's already some footage of me making a fool outta myself. It's great! I don't wanna go home!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home