Friday, February 04, 2005

School blues...

I am still living in denial that classes have started. Adjustment to the New England environment is taking longer than I expected. I'm just not that interested in classes right now. I have other priorities this semester--I am determined to go out more often. Finally I realized that half the people in my department are BORING and I need to stop talking to them. Some are married and some are stuck in LT relationships and their idea of fun is sitting around chatting and going to bed at 9 on a weekend. No thanks. There's people in other departments who are way more interesting and go out all the time. Why didn't I meet them ealier? Oh yeah, because I spent my time going to dinner parties last semester.

You know what's great about being here despite the cold? There are plenty of people willing to go out and they are much crazier than me. Last night I got so wasted I fell off a bar stool. I think I may have shattered my elbow. I'm not sure. But needless to say, I have plenty of unexplained bruises. I was embarassed but everyone else thought I was amusing. And people here LIKE me when I'm drunk! Ha!

But anyway, let's rewind to earlier in the evening when I took the bus with The Boy. Awkward Silence. I was struggling to find something interesting to say, but failed miserably. I just asked a bunch of random questions that had no common theme. And he just answered them. Then once we got on the bus we didn't exactly sit next to each other. Boy pulled out his headphones and that killed whatever potential progress I could have made. What an excruciatingly long bus ride that was! And then later that night at the bar, I was not at a loss for words. I probably had too much to say to him, but none of it made sense. Then I somehow found myself on the floor, and moments later it registered in my head that I had fallen. My friend stopped me from talking to The Boy after that. Despite the mishap, everyone was really supportive and I had a great time.

I awoke this morning and was contemplating the events of last night. I came to the realization that I really need to stop acting like a 7th grader and learn to express my feelings to others. And stuff like falling off bar stools isn't that embarassing. It's all in my head! But it's easier said than done. Perhaps my therapist could help me work out some of these issues. In fact, I had an appointment this morning with her, which I totally missed because I was lying in bed thinking about my issues. Oh, the irony!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home