Regression
When I applied to grad school, I didn't think I would find myself back in high school. The awkwardness. The drama. The gossip. Maybe all my classmates were dorks back then and never got to participate in the skankfests that the average high schooler enjoyed. But for the most part, neither did I. Now these people think that grad schol will finally give them a chance to make up for the hedonism they missed out on as a teen. But they do it all wrong.
Take my friend for example. She got blindsided in public by a classmate. And no alcohol was involved. The boy, whom she thought was a platonic friend, swooped in, without warning, for a kiss, even when she clearly said NO. Then after she told him she was not interested, he asked if she had any single friends.
Alas, I have found myself playing the same role I had in high school. I still am the last person to hear gossip, but still manage to get in trouble for gossipping. To top it all off, I don't get any action myself. The Boy clearly is not interested in me. Conversations are even more awkward now, as his replies to my questions are mere head nods or one-word answers at best. He must think I'm psycho. But how did he know? Maybe I tipped him off when, in a state of inebriation, I asked him if he thought I was psycho, to which he gave no reply. That was a stupid thing to ask someone. Just for future reference, I should put that on my top ten list of things NOT to do, perhaps right above drunk-dialing and internet-stalking.
Take my friend for example. She got blindsided in public by a classmate. And no alcohol was involved. The boy, whom she thought was a platonic friend, swooped in, without warning, for a kiss, even when she clearly said NO. Then after she told him she was not interested, he asked if she had any single friends.
Alas, I have found myself playing the same role I had in high school. I still am the last person to hear gossip, but still manage to get in trouble for gossipping. To top it all off, I don't get any action myself. The Boy clearly is not interested in me. Conversations are even more awkward now, as his replies to my questions are mere head nods or one-word answers at best. He must think I'm psycho. But how did he know? Maybe I tipped him off when, in a state of inebriation, I asked him if he thought I was psycho, to which he gave no reply. That was a stupid thing to ask someone. Just for future reference, I should put that on my top ten list of things NOT to do, perhaps right above drunk-dialing and internet-stalking.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home