Saturday, September 04, 2004

Orientation week


It's been almost 5 days but it seems like forever since I left home. Up until today, I was still living out of a suitcase because I haven't had time to pick up real furniture for my room. But slowly, the place feels like home. I rented a car for a few hours to get stuff from Target and Super 88 which is their version of Ranch 99. When I got to the market, I realized I had no clue what to buy. What am I supposed to cook? I am completely braindead. Please, send me recipes if you have any. I need to pack a lunch on Tuesday. Anyway, it was really fun exploring Cambridge and Boston. My roommate isn't arriving until Wednesday, so for now I have the place to myself, which is great. I get to leave my stuff all over the living room and no one is there to complain.

They've been keeping me busy at school with orientation events this week. The school does a good job of babysitting us and helping us get adjusted. There was free food everyday and we even got to take some home! One of our professors is extremely good-looking!! As for my classmates, they are all well-rounded, out-going people, and I think we'll have fun times up ahead. A few of us met for dinner last night in Jamaica Plain, which is like the Mission District of SF. Then later we went downtown to hit up some bars. Didn't think I would be going out my first week, but it definitely has kept me busy and I haven't been homesick yet. Classes start Tuesday, so this weekend will be spent shopping and cleaning and partying. Oh how I love being a student again!